Placeholder canvas
Law Offices of David M. Lederman: Family Law Dispute Resolution Experts

Your Family Law Dispute Resolution Experts

Guidance For Post-Judgment Modifications and Enforcement

After a divorce is final, circumstances may change and require a post-judgement modification of part of the agreement. Making an informal change to the agreement may seem like a good idea; however, you can be held in contempt of court for not following the original order. A family law attorney should handle these post-judgment modifications in order to avoid any legal concerns.

The Law Offices of David M. Lederman is a family law firm in Moraga and Antioch with extensive experience handling post-decree modifications. David Lederman has more than 20 years’ experience and is a specialist in family law as certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.

Our firm is well-equipped to advise you on how to pursue or contest a post-judgment modification and how to get a court order enforced. We help clients officially modify family law agreements. We work to establish new agreements appropriate to new personal or family circumstances.

Our firm handles modifications involving:

Call 925-522-8889 or send us an email to arrange a consultation.

A Significant Change in Circumstances

Your family’s circumstances played a considerable role in designing the original custody or support orders. The court should have made its decision on what it believed to be your child’s best interests. There must be a very good reason to alter the order in order for a modification to be approved.

Modifications can be made provided there is a significant change in family circumstances. Examples include:

  • The custodial parent is abusive or puts the child in harm.
  • A parent wants to relocate to another city or state.
  • A child’s school schedule is no longer conducive to the visitation plan.
  • The needs of your child changed over time.

Our attorneys understand that circumstances change and that an agreement made years or even months ago may no longer serve your needs. We can handle all the legal aspects regarding modifying a court order. We will help you draft a new agreement designed for your future.

Contact a Post-Judgment Modifications Attorney

To schedule a consultation regarding post-judgment modification of a child custody, visitation or support agreement, contact the Law Offices of David M. Lederman at 925-522-8889 or send us an email.