Ms. Kawos exclusively practices Family Law and Domestic Relations. Originally from Afghanistan, Ms. Kawos is a 20 year California resident. She achieved her Doctorate in Jurisprudence, with an emphasis in Family Law and Intellectual Property Law from Golden Gate University, School of Law. Ms. Kawos achieved her Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice with a Minor in Communications from San Francisco State University.
Before joining the Law Offices of David M. Lederman, Ms. Kawos was an employment lawyer at the Ottinger Law Firm P.C. She worked on negotiations for labor and employment cases. Prior to that, she performed employment and HR legal compliance for Uber Technologies, Inc., where she managed Uber’s legal employment and business contracts and policies globally. She worked directly with Uber’s domestic and international in-house counsels, directors, and other management heads from engineering, Facilities, Security, Privacy, Trust and Safety, Compliance, FinOps, HR and Operations on company and corporate compliance, processes, global alignment, and other systems and programs.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Kawos worked at the Family Law Facilitator’s Office in San Francisco County, helping over 400 self-represented litigants and performed work as a judicial extern for Family law, dependency matters. Also, Ms. Kawos worked for San Francisco Sheriff’s Dept. providing legal assistance to inmates incarcerated in San Francisco jails.
- Family Law & Domestic Relations 100%
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. – 2015
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Witkin Legal Institute Award for Academic Excellence, Civil Procedure
- Honors: Legal Analysis Teaching Assistant
- Honors: Graduate Mentor for California Bar Exam
- San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California
- B.A. – 2011
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Pittsburg Rotary Club’s Merit Scholarship
- Honors: California Scholarship Foundation Achievement
- California, 2015
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certificate of Specialization with Distinction in Family Law, Golden Gate University, May 2015
- Certification of Specialization in Intellectual Property, Golden Gate University, May 2015
- California Bar Association, Member
- California Lawyers Association
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- California Young Lawyers Association, Family Law Section, Executive